Monday, February 1, 2010

Guided Tour


I think it's time for pictures and maybe some general information about this area. This first picture is of the Barranco. Just past and slightly to the right of the big white tarp-looking thing is a large bush. This is Darcy's house. Down in the bottom at the end of the canyon just before the ocean is the evil cane tunnel. Climbing the ridge from there to the left is where Tom Hanks lives (you can see a few trees in this area). I took this photo from an old bridge that is always covered in water. When you cross it you have to decide whether you want mud on your shoes or water inside them. In the bottom of the canyon there are: at least four homes (piles of rocks and sticks), a family of four, a Russian lady (creepy looking) and some Spanish farmers. The family of four actually live on Darcy's land. The father's name is Billy and he was born in the States but moved to Spain with his parents and sister when he was eleven. He traveled with a gypsy circus for most of his teen years and can now often be seen and heard juggling and riding a unicycle in his backyard. He performs in fairs and festivals all over Spain. His wife and two daughters are very nice and come around quite often. The youngest daughter, Lela, calls me Gregorio because she thinks it bugs me. The thing is that is now quickly becoming my nickname. It is hard for the Spanish people to pronounce my real name. It always sounds like they are saying Shreck or Crepe. So, like my sister who goes by the name Ana, I am finding it easier to choose this new name. It keeps introductions simple. Well, I am now too frustrated with this blogger site to continue. I tried to add more pics but when I do it screws up the order of my sentences. So that is it for now. I will try again another time.

No comments: