Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Memory of Caden Vincent Odell


I woke up this morning and was inspired to write a song for Caden. As some of you know the Anniversary of his death is this Friday the 19th. Last fall I was contacted by a guy in Kalispell who was organizing the planting of trees in a park/area near Glacier High School. The trees are meant to commemorate Kalispell's teenagers that have been killed or committed suicide in recent years. There is a tree planted there and at Kalispell Middle School in Caden's name. I was hoping that some of you could visit these sites on Friday and place some flowers for him. It sure would mean a lot to me and my family.

Caden’s Song

Daddy what are my boundaries this year?
When I ride my bike can I go over here?
I know you love me that much is clear
I just want to see what there is to hear

Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Daddy won’t you just let me go?
Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Because I won’t let you down

I’m asking you if I can spend the night
We won’t argue and I promise not to fight
It will be alright and I’ll make sure to do my best
Just say maybe ’cause I know that means yes.

Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Daddy won’t you just let me go?
Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Because I won’t let you down

Tonight there’s a concert can I go with mom?
I’ve got my drums and I’m gonna play a song
I know it’s last minute but can you come along?
I understand if you can’t don’t worry I won’t be long

Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Daddy won’t you just let me go?
Daddy won’t you please let me go?
Because I won’t let you down
Because I won’t let you down
Because I don’t let you down

Please say a prayer for Caden and have him in your thoughts this week. Thanks in advance everybody. I'm sending my love to you Bug! I miss you deeply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig I do think of you often! And always have you and your life in my heart and prayers. I miss you and hope you are in peace. I miss your hugs they are the BEST! Love ya Tawny

Heather said...

Dear Craig,

Your dad, Rosa Lee and I are together reading your song and sharing the pain. We've cried, reminisced and prayed.

All our love to you! Aunt Heather